RHEL Atomic Host is RHEL7 based OS optimized for docker container.
- Installation is straightforward. Once installed when I login, it drops me to a bash prompt.
Atomic host does not use yum/rpm. It’s uses OSTree and rpm-OSTree. Instead of updating individual packages, you replace the whole system.
* Docker and Kubernetes come pre-installed.
- OpenShift Enterprise V3 master can be deployed on Atomic Host as container.
/var and /etc are the only writable directories
/home is a symlink to /var/home
-bash-4.2# ll / | grep home lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 8 Feb 9 05:42 home -> var/home lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 12 Feb 9 05:42 root -> var/roothome
System accounts are stored /usr/lib/passwd
To get the current version, upgrade or rollback use “atomic host rollback|status|upgrade”
You will need register the host with Red Hat or your own Satellite. To configure proxy for subscription manager
subscription-manager config --server.proxy_hostname=proxy.example.com \ --server.proxy_port=port
- To upgrade the host using proxy
env http_proxy=http://proxy.example.com:port/ atomic host upgrade
- After upgrade there will be two versions of Atomic Host. Run “atomic host status”, you will the current and previous versions. Rollback is done by “atomic host rollback”